20 Jul Free Carbon monoxide test with every heater service booked.
Is Your Gas Heater Safe?
As you may have seen advertised on TV and Radio recently. Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer and if not detected can be fatal. Click here to view the ad.
Our preferred contractor has agreed to conduct these tests for *FREE with every heater service booked for $165
What Is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide is a gas you cannot see or smell. If you have not had your heater serviced in the last 2 years you are putting yourself and your family at an increased risk. Exposure to this toxic gas can make you sick and can be fatal.
Carbon monoxide is produced by the incomplete combustion of carbon-containing fuels, such as gas. Below you will see a blue and an orange flame. The blue flame is clean as all fuel is burnt efficiently making the appliance safe. The orange flame on the other hand is letting off the toxic Carbon monoxide gas. This has the potential to be fatal. Gas stoves, fires, heating boilers, gas-powered water heaters, paraffin heaters, and solid fuel-powered water heaters. These are all potential sources of carbon monoxide. The problem arises when such appliances are poorly maintained, not serviced and housed in poorly ventilated areas.
Domestic sources of carbon monoxide include:
domestic heating systems, blocked flues/chimneysleakage from faulty appliances and chimneys/flues.
So don’t put this off any longer. Get your heater appliance serviced. Get your free carbon monoxide test. $165 for peace of mind is a tiny investment for your families safety sake. And not to mention your appliance will be more efficient. Saving on those energy bills.
One of the difficulties with diagnosing carbon monoxide poisoning is that many of its symptoms are similar to those of other conditions. Often the onset of symptoms is gradual. This occurrs without the individual or doctor being fully aware of what is happening.